Friday, April 15, 2011

Rise of the Pheonix

Rise of the Phoenix
By: John Sills

Like the pheonix of ancient times
I arise from the ashes in my mind
Darkness took me out of sunlight
Where I could rest beneath the twilight
I mourned and weeped to ease my pain
Tears became droplets of rain
Then I stared into the sky
By the moon I was mesmerized
It soothed my scarred soul
It began to make me whole
A cascade of thoughts went through me
Bringing me back from the shadows decree
Raging fire and Draconic energy
Restored and Infused my body
Focus as sharp as a blade
Doubt and sorrow quickly fade
All at once I realize
The journey and the prize
Beyond the desert of Sorrow
Lies My grove ready to grow
I am a child of the verse
Blessings born from the curse
A priest, a gentleman , a Mystic
To share love and riddles cryptic

1 comment: