Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Promise to Bleed

Promise to Bleed
By John Sills

Born in the year 1983
Came to the world by decree
That beautiful heart was me
For all the world to see

Little did I know the cruel design
that would inflict my heart and mind
A boy born under the rose's sign
crushed under the jackboot of the defining time

Little by little the senses numb
a heart sundered and undone
a mind constantly on the run
constantly cowering from the sun

As the years go by
A heart stitched before the waking eye
from all the torment and the lies
Raped by the fiends in disguise

Now I look with piercing stare
Stripping the masks they wear
Seeing their souls naked and bare
to the horrors they hide there

Now I am as cold as ice
to their screams in the night
Struggling with my own vice
And its chains so tight

Torch a bridge and walk away
Leaving masses in the frey
No elegant words to say
Only memories left decayed

Wrap myself in shame
for taking part in their game
dishonor my name
Another fiend just the same.

Now its time to bring the rain
To accept the pain
kill the cancer in the brain
and the poison in the veins

Take back virtue from the shadow
walk through where nothing grows
Face the fiends in tattered clothes
bringing murder of the crows

What do hollow eyes see
when they stare at me
A boy of roses decree
a fiend of insanity
keep your shadows secretly
A promise I would ask of thee
before you bury me
just promise to bleed

No comments:

Post a Comment